2. If the paste is not watery enough add a little water (about half a cup). Boil this curry mixture with onions finely chopped and about two tsp of salt.
3. When the curry begins to boil add fish pieces (about 10-12) allow to boil further for 2 mins only. Then stop heating allow the mixture to stand for 10 to 15 mins.
4. Serve the curry with boiled rice for best results.
Note This recipe is for sea for seafood only
For prawns : Boil lady’s finger separately
with tamarind and the add the boiled pieces to the curry along with prawns.
Or we also add boiled radish pieces or drum stick pieces to prawn curry.
Red chilly powder (3 tbs)
Tamarind paste ( a large lemon-sized ball of tamarind)
Rice flour coarsely ground
Salt to taste.
Fish pieces (apply a little salt to fish pieces and wash them throughly after 10 mins)
1. Mix all the ingredients (except rice flour) well.
2. Apply paste to all the fish pieces cover
them with a layer rice flour and fry them in edible oil
on a hot pan.